For a cleaner home consider this advice from Adam Harman, owner of Lowery Sewing and Vacuum.
- Vacuum cleaners with bags lead to healthier air quality in your home and require less maintenance than bagless vacuum cleaners.
- Vacuum cleaners with brush rolls are best on carpet while vacuum cleaners without brush rolls are best on bare floors.
- Warranty length is a good determination of quality of vacuum cleaner. Look for a vacuum cleaner with a 5-10 year warranty that includes labor.
- When purchasing a new vacuum cleaner, ask if parts are available and if the store services the vacuums they sell.
- Purchase a vacuum cleaner where you can try it out to make sure it’s a good fit for you.